Saturday, September 17, 2011
Life after turning the page
Wow.
I feel like I'm a character in a wonderful story, everyday reading to find out what's next. Although logically I know we're here to stay, I can't stop the unconscious shock I have 10 times a day when the thought occurs "how many more days before we leave?". Each time I have to stop, and remember that we're not leaving, that we don't have a countdown to goodbye. It really is the craziest experience, and it just keeps happening.
Two weeks ago I was plowing every day at a 150 mph. My days started at 5:00 AM and didn't end until after 10, often with just 10 minute breaks on the hour. It was hugging and cuddling my little girl praying that my overworked life wouldn't take away from the love I could give her, and knowing all the while that it was. I was grateful for the work, exhausted from giving so much, filled by those around me, and asking every day for strength to keep going. Overall, this is how I felt:
It was a temporary existence that I knew I couldn't keep up, but the deadline seemed like it just continued to linger on the horizon.
And then we turned the page.
In a matter of a few days I have found myself feeling more like this:
We're completely moved in and I'm in LOVE with our little apartment. I had no idea I would love it so much. I love that it's the perfect size, the little nook for Brooklynn's craft table, the fact that I can deep clean it from top to bottom in one hour, the fact that I don't have to deep clean it because every Thursday I have MAID SERVICE (HELLO!!!), having Brent so close all the time, and my schedule. I LOVE my schedule. Mainly because it involves 2 hours of riding, ample time for Brooklynn's practicing, ample time for my own practice, lunch and dinner with Brent, an hour of reading / cuddling time with Brooklynn and one adventure every day. Life is structured, intentional, full, relaxed, and 100% focused on my family. I love it.
Shot of my morning:
Seriously. It's amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Sounds as though you are living a dream! So GREAT! Satisfaction... It's a wonderful thing.
sounds like such a change, melissa. i'm happy for you guys.
when can i come visit?
so glad to hear it! I'm happy you're happy. PS Maid service??? how awesome is that!
So happy for you guys! Welcome!
maid service!! so jealous!
What a beautiful horse, what breed is it?
Quarter horse; she's awesome ;)
Post a Comment