Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fingering the pages of that next chapter

The consistent feeling throughout this pregnancy for me has been what a contrast it has been to Brooklynn's pregnancy. With Brooklynn everything was so fast . . . It felt like we found out I was pregnant mere days after we started toying with the idea of starting a family. The pregnancy was so easy and the months ticked by without much thought. She arrived two weeks early, and the birth lasted a few hours from start to finish. Everything was just . . . fast. I don't know if it was that I didn't have anything to compare it to, or that I was working full time and didn't have time to give the process much thought . . . or a combination of the two . . . or maybe it was just her - her personality and all that she is that bled through to have things feel so direct and present.

There were lessons to be learned with this - of coarse there were all kinds of adjustments that were made. But I'm a fast paced person. Adjusting due to quick changes comes naturally to me.

Much harder is playing any sort of waiting game. Patience is my number one frustration. I mean, I am sugar coating it when I say it's something I struggle with, and this pregnancy has literally gone the extra mile to help me in that arena. After over a year of waiting for those double lines on a pregnancy test, and then entering a situation where suddenly I have much more time on my hands than before . . . time to feel every ache and pain, swollen feet and ankles, wobbly over ripe hippopotamus metamorphosis that this body has gone through coupled with the shocking addition of unbelievable sciatica pain which eliminates any hope of going to the gym or having really ANY regular motion throughout the 10 months . . . . and now waiting, waiting, waiting, for this baby to arrive with what feels like no end in sight.

I'm one week away from my due date, and all I can think about is how excited I am to FINALLY meet this little man.
We have waited for you, little guy.
Now hurry up and get here!

3 comments:

Nonie said...

Well-timed post. Can't wait for pictures and story!

Missy W. said...

I'm excited to see some more pictures of him!

Brit said...

Can't wait to hear his story, and learn more about him. Glad you are all doing well!! <3