Brooklynn,
I just can't believe that you're already four. You are growing so fast, every day feels like you jump to the next chapter of developing you. The twirling gets prettier, the jumping gets higher, the running, faster, and the speaking more eloquent.
A few weeks ago you told me you can't WAIT to turn five because then you'll be as old as Claire. I didn't have the heart to explain that no matter how many years you grow, you'll never catch up to your cousin Claire, who is two years older than you. ;)
This year was a tender one for us. There were so many changes, and you and I got through them all together. 2012 marked a big move: from Utah to California where you gave up your nursery room for a much cooler closet in our one-bedroom apartment in "Daddy's Building" where Brent's new job took us. Soon after, you sent your beloved sippee cup up up up and away to the sippee fairy who in turn gave you your first "big-girl bed", which conveniently fits snuggly inside your closet. That night, after the excitement of the situation wore off, I overheard you whispering to yourself in a heart breaking tone "oh no. What have I DONE?!" But continue to grow, you did, and now the only thing that ties you to that chapter of comfort items and baby toys are your blankets . . . of which you have four.
There were other major milestones as well: we started reading, doing math, had a twinkle recital where you earned your twinkle trophy and moved on to Lightly Row, AND added a new baby brother to our family.
I am constantly impressed with your sweetness. You love to love and be loved. One of your favorite things to do is crawl into bed with dad in the morning and snuggle. You can't give baby Blake enough kisses, hugs, or toys that you're so eager to share. You have such a high standard for yourself in everything, you want to do things perfectly, and tend to deflate if it's not just so. You're in love with mermaids and fairies, and Mesa is a constant companion for your colorful imagination adventures. You love to read, sneaking books into bed every night. I am constantly impressed with your love of learning. You are happy and FULL of energy, unless you're around someone new, in which case you like to hang back quietly and get a read on them before you give them your giant personality and smile, which doesn't take long.
You're everyone's favorite here at the building, but no one loves you more than your dad and I. Thanks goon, for choosing our family.
Love,
Mom

2 comments:
All so true. We love you too Miss Brooklynn.
A sweet ode to an adorable, fantastic little girl. I love it when you write down the things she says - she sounds like an adult in a child's body sometimes!
Post a Comment