Blake,
You're not even 4 months old yet but you're bursting with such joy I had to sit down and write about it.
The other day I was reminded at how I ached to have you join us. Your dad and I wanted another baby long before you came, and it seemed that every minute was filled with hope and desire for you to come. I'll never forget the first time I heard the sound of your little heart beat . . . I felt something physically heal inside of me from those aching days of waiting. In that moment I was filled with peace, and that feeling, somehow, became who you are.
You are a peaceful child. I have never met a more calming personality. You don't fuss, you don't cry, you don't demand. You're patient and happy ALL the time. You add a "go with the flow" vibe that we've never had in our family dynamic before. If you're not smiling, you're sleeping soundly. You get a kick out of Brooklynn, who does wild ambitious gestures to get your attention, and you respond in like with short giggles back at her.
I'll never forget the first night after you were born, being woken up suddenly as you lay on my chest from an outburst of clear simple laughter coming from your lips. I stared at you, sound asleep with a perfect smile on your face, and then just like that it was gone as if it was all a dream. As you've grown I look back and can see how you came to us this way, and now we're just beginning to know the light that is and always has been, you. I am surprised daily by your personality because it is so different than what we're used to. It feels like you are a gift that we in no way created but were granted.
What a breath of fresh air you are with your chubby cheeks and quick smile that radiants joy. Thank you for coming to us, little man. I love you.
Love,
Mama

4 comments:
He is amazing. I love that little guy.
Precious!
I want to meet him so bad!!!! I love him to pieces and I haven't even kissed his delicious cheeks!:)
A mothers love captured on a speck of light, or is it light, I was going to suggest that you print it so it will never be lost, but really... it would be impossible to snuff it out.
Post a Comment