in some sort of unexpected fluke I get internet on this corner of 30th street and 30th av - in the middle of a part of Queens I've never seen. I'm waiting for the Q18, watching people eat in a small sidewalk cafe as they drink their sunday afternoon coffee. At the moment I'm pretty darn grateful to my violin case, which is currently being used as my bench as I busily type away and wait wait wait for the bus that I'm not at all positive will follow through with arriving. What an adventure it is to take subways you've never taken, and wait for buses you've never seen come. Its a trust issue, I'm realizing. . . . so many things are a trust issue. when it doesn't come, what do you do? well, I know of no better way of getting to where I am going - so I guess you commit yourself to the unknown and determine that if it doesn't work, it must be for some reason beyond what we know. Then comes that poinant moment when we decide what to do with what we have. sitting here on this corner I guess is a living testiment that when it doesn't work, its best to pick yourself up off the cold ground, take a deep breath, gather your insides together, pray for a while until they soften up, and then trust again.
must go - the bus just arrived.
2 comments:
Well hello Mel! The last time I visited your blog I was sitting in the (glorious) computer lab at Aspen! I must say it is strange to not have any idea what is going on in your life... there was once a time, you know, when your comments online were about things in which I participated! Ah well. What is your email anyway? Do I know it? I think I do. Anyway, just wanted to give you a heads up and let you know I was thinking just now, "what the heck is Melissa up to?" It turns out that you are riding busses. Well drop me a line sometime if you feel so inclined. This is turning into a rap. Ok signing off now.
Well hello Mel! The last time I visited your blog I was sitting in the (glorious) computer lab at Aspen! I must say it is strange to not have any idea what is going on in your life... there was once a time, you know, when your comments online were about things in which I participated! Ah well. What is your email anyway? Do I know it? I think I do. Anyway, just wanted to give you a heads up and let you know I was thinking just now, "what the heck is Melissa up to?" It turns out that you are riding busses. Well drop me a line sometime if you feel so inclined. This is turning into a rap. Ok signing off now.
Post a Comment