Saturday, September 24, 2005

ode to the love fern

confession:
I killed the fern I bought at Ikea to be adorned in my apartment and make it feel like home. It was adding such nice green decoration to my NYC room. . . . "decoration" being the word to start the suspicion .. . . learning not one month later that anyone who calls a living breathing thing a decoration obviously knows about as much as I do on taking care of it . . . and hense the brittle stem for a plant that I have now. sigh. I'm really very sorry to have not been a better plant owner.

4 comments:

Emily Hope said...

Oh Melissa,

I hear nothing of you and finally look at your blog and find you have killed your plant. May I be able to spread a fantastic web of plant genius across the universe to you so that no more victims will be planted into your blog, but only grand, green survivors of a better cause!

with love,

Emily Hope

seeemilyhopeplay.blogspot.com

Melissa Thatcher said...

EMILY! I admit, I need all the green love I can get. Oh how I miss you - - - coming to nyc anytime soon? I hear the autumn is a great excuse to come visit. I was going to ask you - ever heard of sabrina ward harrison? I think you would like her stuff

Emily Hope said...

Sabrina Ward Harrison?

Melissa, no, i have never heard of her, but will look her up!

I miss you very much... your blog makes me want to see you even more in the big city... i never thought i'd see the day when flying is cheaper than driving somewhere... would love to see NYC In the fall..

save me a seat
love
emily

Melissa Thatcher said...

she's a writer - creative and full of inspiration much like yourself. Her books are more like collages (sp?) - anyway, check it out next time you find yourself browsing a bookstore and let me know what you think.
You know you are welcome to come visit anytime. Flights are cheap and now so is a place to stay :)