Saturday, October 01, 2005
learning from breathing
today was one of those mornings that you remember with reminiscence in years to come. Lots of visitors this weekend - too many to get up and be productive. Can't run cause I broke my foot . . . can't practice because they are trying to sleep. So I found myself drawn to my bookcase - so many pages filled with thoughts and questions . . . . and often answers. I pulled out the journal from a year ago - and smiled as I read the line "isn't it crazy how much can happen in one year." October and my first trip ever to New York City - how much the exotic lights and consistant music charmed me and left me breathless. I was learning so much - I'm still learning so much. I laughed outloud as I read what I figure is the "sucky path" that seems to be the right path . . . but how oh well because if you try to take the path not right believe me its even suckier. ha. and now its beginning to lighten up here in the city - the air is turning crisper and apples are coming into season. sigh. I love the change of the seasons and how they encourage renewing in our own lives. It was a good morning, although I was pacing for people to get up so I could just get my fingers on strings. Sometimes you need someone to tell you to remember to read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
melissa!!! YES!!! I HAVE heard of Sabrina Ward Harrison...
how did you find her? do you know her? IT'S SO WEIRD HOW I KNOW WHO THAT IS... i have story to tell you! (okay, it might not be that spactacular, but it's weird.)
call me or, write or... something!
emily hope
ha. I'm hearing you in my head as I read your words - and I CAN'T WAIT to hear your story. I need your email address . . .
you probably went to lunch or something with her, huh? You would do something that cool. I don't know her, but I wish I did, and now that I live in NYC maybe I will come across her one day . . .
Post a Comment