Tuesday, August 08, 2006
How can I begin to explain how much I love Aspen? Renee's voice melted me, filled me up, and then melted me again. Hillary Hahn is worth listening to over and over and over. And then you eat breakfast with these people. You see them hiking, you sit next to them in Beethoven concerts. Ms. Hahn signed my Bach. Ms. Fleming lightly shook my hand and laughed outloud when we described her brother as a soft teddy bear. The mountains sing here - every corner is bursting with wildflowers. The nights are crowded with stars, like each one is fighting for it's own space up there in the sky, the temperature nestling into a light 50 degrees. During the day the air warms right up and a thousand windows let the chitter chatter of practicing musicians slip from their frames. The air is bursting with inspiriation and I drink drink drink every chance I get. ahhhh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment