Sunday, August 27, 2006

where are we?

Today it's raining. - - - The days country songs are written about: rainy sunday afternoons. But not really because I'm in NYC, and mostly country songs talk about front porches and pastures - things NY doesn't know much about. It dawned on me today that I don't know much about where certain people are. I mean - where the heck IS Sarah Graves? Did she make it to her new home, has James started school? What about Jamie Prince - what exactly is is the update with her and this boy that I've only heard referred to as her "friend"? Meagan and Randy have a kidlet and I've never even seen her. What about the emily's - Is Jane back at Peabody yet, and how is it going? I mean - I'm loosing the details here. It was interesting - first I was just going, living on and on without, then it occured to me in a sudden inspired moment and now it's driving me crazy.
So, while I'm at it, and for my own good - here is my position.
I live in New York. I don't have a house yet. I have spent all day praying I will find the right one. First it seemed easy, but then a thousand other options seemed to spring up and now too many opportunities is too many question marks. Maybe by tomorrow night I will have a place to call home. I am married. I love being married. My husband lives in my grandparent's basement on 33rd South in Utah. They had a tornado go through their backyard a few weeks ago and it took out all their beautiful trees - including the ones I like to sit next to when I'm on the phone. So many blogs about trees that are now gone. I am buying a new violin. There are two with me that I am waiting to decide between. I love them both, right now. This is a complicated mess I don't want to write more about now. My horse is in a pasture in Logan. He loves it there, until it gets cold. Then I will pray for a new place for him with a warm stall. My truck is on it's last thread. School starts on Wednesday, with orchestra at 9:15. I just want a place to put my things and begin my scales. I need scales today - it would do my insides nothing but good.

2 comments:

Emily Jane Price said...

I flew to Baltimore last night. I haven't practiced all summer and I have auditions on Friday, my last which is foreseeable. . . so practice practice practice. Pretend I don't exist to Baltimore just yet. And Jared? He may be moving to Brazil. In my mind I am with him every day, and to think of it makes me cry a little. Lonesome this city can be but I was lucky, blessed with new friends from an old ward to greet me. They took me home and gave me a place to stay for the night. Today I moved in to my bed. bunk, I have the top. Other than that I don't know what space I have but I'm with a family. We're trying to make one, my new roommates and I. . . And I love that

Melissa Thatcher said...

you're living with a family, or your roommates are like family? . . . thank you for the update :)