Friday, September 01, 2006

home.

We found an apartment and today are moving in the last of the things that make it feel like home. It is beautiful. I've discovered the glory of living outside the city - half the rent, only a fifteen minute commute to midtown, HALF HOUR commute to school (this is like a miracle everytime I experience it), and all the trains you would ever need within walking distance. I love it. Hardwood floors, lots of windows, a kitchen I can walk around in . . . . and a neighborhood filled with Latino's ,which means my favorite type of food all over the place. I can't read the menu's because they are all in spanish - but I love where I live and I love my new home. School started. sigh. One more year - half of me thinks it's not long enough, the other half can't wait to just be done. It won't be a hard semester academically - just musically. I play an entire concerto with the orchestra in just a few months. That scares the hell out of me but I'm really really excited. And somehow I need to pull off a recital with all new rep. But I'm ready - Mr. G and his technique exercises did me well this summer.
so here we go - one more new chapter. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where is this cheap new place? New Jersey? Are you commuting from Logan? hope

Emily Jane Price said...

wow! your playing with the orchestra? jealous! that's awesome. I'm also starting all new rep for a recital. Yikes! Bold! but I registered. I signed the warrant. Mr G? Mr. Greenburg?

Melissa Thatcher said...

yup, good ol' Herbie :)