Monday, May 14, 2007



I have a big sigh that I can't seem to get out of me. It's been forever since I sat down with a pen and an unquenchable thirst to write. Life got busy. Life got a little lonely. Life was always being shared. It's harder to write when you always have someone to talk to. And I guess that's okay. Adam inspired me to update my blog. He says we're comfort friends, which I have always known but didn't always want to believe. Now I'm glad I can believe in it. My apartment is in boxes, I'm finished with my last final as a grad student, and all of the sudden I'm leaving New York. There's the big sigh. But there's always something to look forward to, which is the only point I disagree on with the new book he's reading. There is hope in looking forward, so we can't always be in the now, or sometimes we would loose sight of our dreams . .. although I understand the caution and think it truly does help eliminate fear.
I hope the tomorrows are filled with a lot of writing, a lot of talking, a lot of feeling, breathing, singing, laughing, dancing, playing, and maybe even some gardening. Now is time for all those things I kept saying I'd do when I had more time. I'm going to plant an herb garden . . . wear fashionable shoes . . . read more . . . go to lunch with friends.
I called my sister tonight and she sang me to me over the phone the solo she's singing in her second grade assembly. It's called "I could have danced all night". She has an awful voice, but she hit every note in tune. I smiled through the whole telephone performance and felt like I could have exploded by the end. It's amazing what love does to us. So - everyone, here's to dancing, and here's to the next chapter.

1 comment:

Emily Jane Price said...

So glad you're back =)

We're done. I can't believe it.