Friday, May 25, 2007

From New York to Holiday, from Holiday to Roxbury Rd, from Roxbury to France. That is the next couple days. Boxes, more boxes, diesel moving trucks, strained backs, stairs, uhauls, cursing large quantities of crap. I leave in less than a week for France. I'm taking 2 Bach sonatas and 1 Bach Partita, 2 piano/violin sonatas and 3 concertos. I've been practicing like there is no tomorrow. And moving and cleaning. I guess I've beend doing a lot, and mostly I feel tired. Why do I always feel like I'm holding my breath when I'm moving? It's like I can't settle in until everything is put in it's place. Brent thinks its fascinating that humans by nature hate change. He says he's exempt, which he may be . . . although there is all kinds of change, not just physical. I am excited and scared to leave. He will teach me a lot. I will learn a lot. I will grow a lot. I will come back a better player. And then I enter the tomorrows that sometimes seem filled with promise and other times seem like a big blank page. One day at a time, I guess.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Good luck with the moving and the insanely hard rep. list! You're one of the few people I know who can pull anything off, so keep it up. It's nice knowing that people like you exist. And think of the amazing country that awaits you in less than a week...my current home! Bonne chance!