Thursday, June 04, 2009


Went to the city that never sleeps.
Went home.
Felt a thousand layers fall off as the city enveloped me.
That smell
Those taxi's
That noise.
Independence drew me close
Went to Juilliard and learned learned learned
practiced without interruption
ran the park each morning as the dew met the sun
that energy.
Ate at my favorite lunch cafe
surfed the subways with ipod in my ears
went to concerts and drank in the music
stretched
remembered
prayed
renewed
sighed
Came back to Utah to meet my baby girl with new life in my eyes

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your insight in the world! Sounds like NY was awesome! And you got to get away from it all for just a little bit. Sometimes that's all one needs to keep on keepin' on! I am sad we didn't get to do lunch while I was there. Next time girl, next time!

Violadiva said...

ooh, was that for the Starling-DeLay violin symposium?

When did you start singing "Country Roads, take me home"? On the way there or the way back? You are such a perfect fit no matter where you go: the city, the mountains, the water, the stage, you name it.

Anonymous said...

Hey friend! It's Jamie. Thanks for spurring some great thoughts. I completely relate with your experience, except backwards-ly. :) I quoted you on my post today: jamiemusician.com Welcome back!

TnD said...

I am so jealous. I wish I could do a week there all by myself as well, and maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't even call a catch-up soul while I was there.

SHIPP said...

refreshed

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the call while you were here... :(

Hope you are well! I'm coming out in August! Would love to see you! EHP