
The gospel library defines hope as "the confident expectation of and longing for the promised blessings of righteousness".
We're doing a lot of hoping around here lately.
The thing about righteous hope is that ultimately you are lending your will to His, and the longing is replaced by a knowing that all will be well, whatever path life may run. Oh that famous moment that can so often be misinterpreted as giving up. But it isn't giving up, it's giving to.
There is a lot of prayer that happens with hope, and with prayer comes light and breathe and calm.
Who could ask for more?
This last week we went from paradise to paradise - spending days and nights in the cool heat of Logan with it's addictive green hills and crickets at night. Walking slowly down the lane past the pond, letting the moonlight guide my steps, with a heavy breathe of air I sucked in all of the smells I love so much: horse, cow, cut alfalfa. I would have done anything to marry into a family that had a farm with horse pastures and tractors. Who would have thought that I would get all of that, and a husband who's eyes are full of love and light, who's whole soul has a depth that is thick with compassion and knowledge. Who would have thought that we would have a baby who's sweetness is often overwhelming? Who would have thought that I would end up with sister-in-laws that embrace and love and passionately give, brother-in-laws who fill the room with good natured laughter, a mother-in-law who is wise and kind beyond anyone I've ever met, and a father-in-law who is a gentle and good natured, who works hard from sun up to sun down? I never would have imagined being so blessed.
In this time of looking forward, I have a hard time not looking back. I never would have imagined it all working out so beautifully. I hope I can say that after all the hills life has us climb.
5 comments:
I agree. So grateful.
That was so sweet, it made me cry. you are an excellent writer, i felt like i was acutely there, wish i was:)
beautiful!
Thanks, Melissa. Love reading your thoughts. There was a super little article on hope (the misunderstood sister) in a recent Ensign. Did you see it?
I can FEEL it! Missed you on tour, Melissa. See you soon?
Post a Comment