There's something about going to a place where the sky is big, the hills are rolling, and the air clean. I've never been to the Reeder Ranch in Canada, but when I got there I felt like I'd been there my whole life.
Uncle Bill opened his arms and gave us a big hug when we arrived. I may have come off as a dude, but I think I passed the test to prove that I wasn't. :)
There was a cattle drive and a long ride for Brooklynn, who did great; 35 horses, world famous trainer, and endless hills. It was heading out into the hills on horseback to look for wolf kill (hoping it wasn't one of our calves), and honestly, the most stunning scenery I've ever seen. Glacier is like Switzerland and Alaska rolled into one breathtaking combination. To do it on horseback was just unforgettable.
It was hours of sitting around the table listening to bear stories, rodeo stories, horse stories . . . lots and lots of stories.
I loved every second of it - every second I was gleefully giddy that we were actually here, on a horse ranch, in Canada, with cattle drives and fires and home town cooking. AND FAMILY! I declared right then and there that I was moving in. I loved it so so so so so much.
Montana was wonderful X 100. Seeing Melanie was so much fun, we talked like young school girls all through the night. Baby Claire is more beautiful than even the pictures showed, and I loved having the opportunity to deliver a horse to a 9 year old girl (who gets to be THAT person?!)
All in all, it was a perfect trip. Brooklynn weathered the 12 hour drive like it was nothing - really, we couldn't have asked for a more perfect outing.
Until next year, here are some photos (wishing I would have taken more of people. . . I don't know how I missed that, except I didn't want to be the "dude" who brought her camera on the round up) hee hee.
3 comments:
Beautiful. I now need to hear about your trip now :).
now for those timely, meaningful, introspective, poignant words to match the photos.
Makes me homesick!!! And I was just there last week! It is heavenly up there huh!!! Great place to grow up!!! Love your pics and your words...fun to follow your blog!!! My folks LOVED having you guys visit and adored your lil cowgirly!!!
Post a Comment