Courage. To choose an entirely new career path and basically start all over. To commit to another commuting experience, this time with a small family and not much more money then the last time we did this.
Faith. That this choice was the right thing, and that change may be scary, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.
Compassion. From Brent when things just get lonely and overwhelming as a "single" mom. From Melissa when the beginning just seems like such a steep climb. From Brooklynn whenever we need a little extra love.
Food Storage. A quest to build up every staple we need. The economy just doesn't seem stable enough not to diversify the savings we have.
Hiking in Havasupi, through the Tetons, the deserts of California, and Glacier National Park.
Schedules. We worked hard through 2009 to enjoy the clockwork schedule Brooklynn began enjoying in 2010. She's always excited to go to bed and falls asleep easily, without even a whimper. It was months of climbing little hills, and I give all credit for this happy, healthy child to her structured sleep patterns.
Canada. Discovered. Cowboys, cows, dozens and dozens of horses. To be visited every year forever more.
Commitment. That I knew I had, but this year discovered really is there. I'll love Brent through pretty much anything, I've learned. He's the best part of my day, the strength in everything I do. He's the funny and balanced person I'm not. He's the best dad anyone could ask for, and the obsession of Brooklynn. I'll never get used to that feeling I get about 2 minutes after he gets home after being gone for 3 weeks. It surprises me every time just how much better life is when he walks through that door.
New Chapters. Happy to see 2010 end, knowing that 2011 brings with it a new full time position for Brent, and an end to the training that keeps us living in two places.
Au Revoir 2010.
3 comments:
AMEN!!!
Adieu 2010!! Bienvenue 2011 avec tous les bonheurs du monde pour Melissa. :)
Fun entry. Love the pics below. They're to DIE for! What a darling girl you've got and what a great year you had!
Post a Comment