Thursday, July 21, 2011

The only thing that stays the same is change . . .

These days are an interesting modge podge of 2 lives.
Salt Lake equals 150 mph, days full of gigs and teaching and packing and cleaning our house, which we put on the market Monday.
Then every several weeks I get to head to California for a few days with Brooklynn to see Brent. It's like I'm slowly opening the door to the next chapter in my life, and peeking in. Life in California is 0 mph. It's full of sleeping in, giggling with Brooklynn on the bed, cuddling with Brent as we catch up on pillow talk, exploring the neighborhood, going to the beach, finding new parks, adventures and more adventures.
While we're here, we live with Brent . . . in his building. Yes, we've moved in to an old folks home. Giggle now, because I certainly did.
But once you realize that Brent is working 24/7 anyway, and that the building is newly remodeled and half empty, and our one bedroom apartment with a full kitchen is perfect for our small little family, and that whenever we want to see him, Brent is just downstairs, and that we're saving OODLES of cash each month while we wait and look for the perfect rental, and that we can board our horses just minutes away until that rental appears . . . it doesn't seem so crazy anymore, now does it?

At the moment I'm sitting in Brent's office, Brooklynn is coloring on the white board, and our whole little family is in the same room, all without Brent having to leave work ;)

We have just ONE more trip out here scheduled before the door opens for good and I step through to my new existence in California. Pray that our home sells for top dollar. I'm pretty dang proud of the hours and days of hard labor I put in with lawn mowers, edgers, shovels, paint brushes, drills, screws, sponges, and every other tool imaginable. AND I've had the most amazing help in the world. Sister-in-laws driving long distance to come spend days helping me paint, mother-in-laws coming day after day to help garden, paint, scrub, and chat. Both my parents have been there every evening for weeks helping me pack and organize, paint and clean. I've had brothers doing electrical work and yard work, and brother-in-laws refinishing hard wood floors while I'm away, custom making wood thresholds from one room to the next . . . you name it, they've given it.
I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have so many people taking care of me.
Bring your offers! This house is for SALE!
















7 comments:

Randy said...

We are so happy that you get to spend more time with Brent. The house is gorgeous! I'd buy it (if I hadn't just bought a house ... across the country). Good luck, our prayers are with you!

Kathryn said...

Your house looks picture perfect! What a busy girl you've been. I will miss you, I hope you know that. But I'm so happy for you at the same time. How wonderful it will be for you and Brent to be together again. That's the way it's supposed to be. Best wishes to the three of you!

Jessica Shipp said...

The house looks so amazing, I hope it sells quickly!

Nonie said...

Wow, what a beautiful place, Melissa! So sad I never got to see it. So happy I *might* get to see you here!

I'll let you know if I hear of any house seekers. Good luck!

Missy W. said...

Your home is lovely!

Missy W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Violadiva said...

I'm sure it won't take long for you to pick up the tempo in the new zip code, if that's what you're looking for. Enjoy your Andante leggiero while you've got it.
And, as a consolation for leaving that immaculate house, let me introduce you to the joy that is Trader Joe's (unless you've already met!)