Monday, July 17, 2006

Yesterday I ran into a friend of a friend of a friend who said that sarah had asked mauri if she had seen me lately and mauri had asked a different sarah, and that sarah said yes. Then mauri poured into her eyes with all seriousness and said "is she okay?" . So sarah, the second one, told me she had reassured them, but the whole thing in general caught me by surprise. Of coarse I"m okay. I've never been so happy - has anyone else ever gotten married? It's amazing how quickly your life get's brighter, even when you thought it was bright before. So here is the announcement. I am still really glad I did it. :) Things are good, and when I say good, I mean the good that goes all the way down to your bones - like the belly laugh of an old black jazz singer. I realize I could be the next candidate for the ultimate slacker award - - - blogging less, calling less, lunch with everyone less . . . but, and I emphasize, this is in no way an indication that I am not happy in being married. On the contrary, I have become obsessed with the obliviousness I have found in being so caught up in Brent. So there it is - let the grapevine be informed.

No comments: