Sunday, January 13, 2008


AH. Skiing. Tis the season to pack the boots and poles, adorn the helmets and ipods and let go of everything but the hill, your line, and the beat in your ear. I ski fast. I love the wind whipping past me and my edges cutting into the snow. I don't have flawless technique, as Brent will tell you smiling, but I ski fast anyway because there is something very dangerous about skiing fast, and if you ski carefully you end up looking like an idiot. It's a thrill usually needed in my life of discipline. Who doesn't need a little danger in their lives?

2 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Ah! Loved your post! I'm your exact opposite. I mozy when I ski. I love to float. Never been one for fast skiing--it scares me. But it seems you have always been more daring than I. Happy skiing!

shari said...

I wouldn't have guessed you to be the type to throw caution to the wind, but good for you. I think it is your free spirit and maybe a little determination to show Brent you've got it baby!