
I bought this book December 24th. I finished it December 24th.
I bought the next one December 26th. I finished it December 26th.
I bought the third one December 31st, and yes, finished it December 31st.
Too much time on my hands? Kind of . . . . but not really. I thoroughly enjoyed spending the day in bed, with no one bothering me, and not a single concern on my mind - except that the book would end.
Now, lest I be assumed as one of the masses: This is a simple read, a perfect holiday-lounge-about-the-house read. It isn't good writing. There are no metaphors, no deep insights, no beautiful language that inspires you to underline and jot down notes in the column like so many of the beautiful classics. But it is wonderfully romantic, and so easy, and so much fun. . . . and Edward. My heavens - Edward.
1 comment:
Ok so everyone in our ward read these books last month. My friend told me the pages must be laced with crack cocaine! I am too cheep to buy them so I am still waiting for my turn for a free copy from the library. So I can't wait to read these but I also know once I pick it up I'll say goodbye to my next day or week:):) What I want to know is if you think this is a book that isnt even written well or has no deep meanings---what are your fav's. Eventually I am going to get time to read and I'd love to know your top books!! By the way, cute pictures! And I dont miss the snow:) Andrea
Post a Comment