"We think we know a great deal, because we are ignorant of what remains to be learnt." - John Newton
"Someday, when those we love honor our memory, they may be proud of all the times we were right. But they will be inspired most by the times we admitted we were wrong, when we realized we were blind and were willing to see."
3 comments:
Great Quote - It is a wee bit comforting to consider that my wrongs could possibly be inspiring. It seems to take all too long to realize and admit 'wrongness.' It is amazing the lengths we go to in an effort to prove 'rightness' in the bold face of 'wrongness.' It would be much quicker and in the end easier to face it, fix it, and move on but we are in such a mode of self preservation that we can't see that by our stubborn blindness we place our own stumbling blocks - at least I do!
Willing to recognize I'm hard of hearing and my sight's a bit dimmed? I like that, a great visual when my heart needs softening. Thanks!
i love this belly!!!!!!!
Post a Comment