This summer about half of my ICS students and I went on a 5 day retreat to an all-inclusive ranch where we hired the Fry Street Quartet to join us for days full of master classes, lessons, lectures, theory and sight reading classes, private concerts, yoga, horseback riding, swimming, hikes, etc., etc. Melanie, as usual, was my inspiration and joy through the whole process - working with her is always so powerfully rewarding. We had a blast, it will be years before the students ever stop talking about it.
Here's to studying violin in the mountains, and listening to Fry Street's exquisite playing in our living room!
7 comments:
I bet the students just loved it. How did Brent hold up?:)
Melissa you are amazing. I want to be one of your students.
Jealous!
That has got to be the absolute coolest experience any teacher has ever given her students. I'm just amazed!
Wow -- what an amazing thing to do! Did you go up to Montana? I would love to hear about this. Calling soon...
I heard it went awesome...you are amazing...I am in ahh of you.
wish I could have been there for even just a bit of it (like the morning yoga and the Fry Street concert)
Post a Comment