to this
One year older, one year full of moments of joy as Brooklynn discovers the world.
* I made my first trip back to New York City since calling it home, a trip I made alone, gaining clarity and rare independence.
* Brent perfected his swing even more, consistently breaking 80 by scoring in the low 70's.
* I ran my first half marathon.
* Brooklynn went from laying, to sitting, to crawling, to walking, to running, and now jumping. She celebrated her first birthday, and has grown 4 teeth on top, 4 teeth on bottom, and two molars.
* We celebrated our first mothers day and fathers day as a mother and father.
* We're learning to place things high and keep doors shut, as her favorite thing to do is pull books off shelves, open drawers, and look for lipstick to color the walls. Our joy is watching her grow ~ laughing, clapping, singing, twirling, running, sipping, cuddling, smiling, neighing, barking, bouncing, chasing.
* There was actually reason to celebrate Halloween this year.
* We experienced our first ER scare with the longest night we've known spent in the hospital as our little girl battled a 106 degree fever.
* We had our first real family photos taken.


Challenges have pushed us further than we thought we could go, but we're still standing. We've been united, torn down, and rebuilt again. There are moments I'm sure we're not going to make it, but then I see that this ride we're on, we're on together, and it seems we can get through anything. I'm grateful this year for family. I'm grateful for the memories and joy that relationships bring. We're looking forward to the new 2010.
3 comments:
We are so grateful that we are along for the ride too.
A year after a chid is better than any year without one. Cute post:)
Thank you for who and what you are and who you are becoming together.
Post a Comment