Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Moab

Brent, Brooklynn, and I went on an awesome Easter Weekend Extravaganza to Moab where we played on the trails of Arches National Park. It was a blast for me to head back the river that I called home for a period of time, and bask in that warm Moab sun, red rock, and blue sky.
We learned Brooklynn LOVES to hike. I couldn't believe that she stayed so dedicated to the trail - she didn't wander much, and constantly shouted "go go go!", waddling past us. She has excitement for all things Dora - you wouldn't believe how much Dora can be related to a hike . . . :) For 19 months old, she held her own! Brent was obsessed with a new GPS app he downloaded. Using it we recorded Brooklynn hiking 1.3 miles by herself. Sure beats the snowy home front!






4 comments:

Lindsey Smith said...

very cool pics!!!

TnD said...

What a trooper. I am so glad that you took her.

Brit said...

looks amazing!

w and w said...

Good for you! There's nothing more rewarding than making something like that work with a child. The experience alone is rewarding enough, but the fact that you managed to do it with at least ONE child makes the trip 1000x's more meaningful. Agreed?