Monday, February 25, 2013

The Big World of a Little Girl

Brooklynn is constantly cracking me up. Her lists are created daily now that she's free to phonetically write what comes to her mind. This is the list she presented this morning:

Breakfast
Cookies
Practice
Horses
Car Cart Store
(crossed out, then written:) "Not this one"
Kite
Pet Mesa
Put on Fireworks (?! it's not even July??)
Cookies
Golf

I always get a kick out of the way she will never, under any circumstances, think inside the box. If you give Brooklynn two options, she will ALWAYS pick the third (and not listed) option. For example: "Brooklynn, do you want to carry your jacket or leave it here?" "I want to put it in your bag and have you carry it". Sometimes her thinking gets pretty darn creative to evade the box.

It's a new rule around here that she can only have one "pink juice" a day. Pink juice = crystal light; I'm trying to have her drink water instead of powdered drinks, but you'd think that I was slowly torturing her favorite stuffed animal from the reaction I've gotten. She asked this morning if she could have her "one juice" and I told her to go ahead and get it herself. I walked into the kitchen later and found this:


Silly girl.

4 comments:

Missy W. said...

I'm with her on the pink juice. We go through quite a lot of it in this house...

Randy said...

I'm glad she has cookies twice on her list. It looks a little like my list.

Megan

Randy said...

Oh the lists... Too funny. She's already more organized than me!
Randy

Stephanie said...

I thought Russian was difficult to read, but your translation abilities go far beyond mine. :) Loved the listing!!! So like her mother!