Friday, August 12, 2005

things I am afraid of

that feeling when you're on a roller coaster and you suddenly plummet
getting to the point of forgetting how to have a conversation
loneliness
slipping on wet tile
finding no way to pack all my books across the country
loosing good friends
being misunderstood
hurting people that I care about
having a coughing attack in the middle of a cadenza
giving up what I love, even for a good reason
assumptions
not reaching full potential
not having a place to run
not having the time to run
burning my tongue
missing details
becoming a part of the stereotypical genre I can not stand because thats what we're raised to do
somehow getting to the point where I never making time to write
having the things that I am supposed to do be the hardest things I could think of
people leaving without warning
people asking me to trust them
being cold
working really really hard and never improving
hitting a sensitive tooth
not being in control
being overlooked
watching people I love do things that aren't beneficial and having no voice to change things
making the mistakes my parents made
settling
missing opportunities
disappointing most anyone
forgetting to say thank you
being busy with things that portray me as a stress case
having "me" time seen as selfish
Not being there for someone I care about when they need it
sharp objects
being a tourist
eating a bad grape, or worse, eating a spider
not taking responsibility
doing a job half way
having no explanation
tendinitis
any scene in a movie that is remotely suspenseful
confusion

4 comments:

Emily Jane Price said...

That's the Melissa I love. I fully intended to add "eating a grape with a spider on it" to the end of your list. Then I ran across it and basked in the memories. Love you =)

Anonymous said...

Cadenza: originally an improvised passage of
a cadence by a soloist; later a more or less
elaborate and written-out passage in a aria or
concerto to display performance skills by a
singer or an instrumentalist. I would like to see you improvise and without the cough...

Melissa Thatcher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa Thatcher said...

. . . . he's learning.. . . :)