
I have been shocked to find that against all my better judgement, I, yes I, am the most stereo typical pregnant person ever. I cry over stupid things. I throw up my breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I can not cook. If I finally cook, I can not eat it. Smells drive me crazy. If I don't eat all the time, I get more and more nauseous. Therefore I eat all the time.
I am trying desperately not to give into what I know will haunt me later, but the most ridiculous? The cravings. For those of you who know my eating habits, you will understand why this is something to blog about. It never fails to amaze me that all day I wish I could eat:
Cheese cake.
Cheese crust pizza.
Sour candies.
Gummy candies.
Jelly Bellies.
Pasta.
Potatoes with Sour Cream and Butter.
Guacamole.
White bread.
White bread with warm butter, honey, and cinnamon sugar.
Sweet Rolls. SWEET ROLLS! You have to be KIDDING me.
the only relief? Fruit. I still LOVE fruit.
AND, it makes me sick to even think about:
Lime Tortilla chips.
Dried Mangos.
Mexican Food.
Chicken.
Canned Soup.
Anything with garlic. It will send me out the door.
Anything with onions.
Lentils.
Salsa.
This is me we're talking about here. Can anyone picture me not liking dried mangos? sigh. It's shocking, I know. Please don't give me any of that "oh just eat it now, you're pregnant" or "maybe the baby needs cheese cake" crap. I will not give in! I need support here, not more devils in my head. I'm trying to stay a healthy person. The problem only escalated yesterday when we ripped up the kitchen to continue the remodel. Do you know how hard it is to be picky when you only have options of eating out and you are going to puke if you don't eat something NOW!? Oh heaven help me, this is complicated.
14 comments:
CONGRATS!!! It's refreshing to hear that even the super-health woman can have normal cravings--even if you have to be pregnant to have them. :) Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time with the sickness though! Could you post and let me know how far along you are? So exciting!!!
Hang in there Melissa this too shall pass, and in the end the cute little mut will be all worth it!
YOur surprised these are your cravings? This is after all Brent's child, half you, half him. Looks like the baby has his cravings. BTW, I have been looking everywhere for that icing recipe. I can't find it anywhere. I emailed the friend who gave it to me in the first place to try and track it down for you.
I can totally relate, pregnancy sucks, until about week 17 for me itleast. I hadn't told anyone I was pregnant and I was puking between violin lessons-I lost 20 pounds and everyone kept telling me how great I looked...didn't feel like compliments knowing how the weight was coming off-so unhealth-ily. Needless to say it got better and my baby was as healthy as ever. Hang in there!
no surprise. I have cravings like that constantly and I'm not pregnant.
Remember at the end of the day, what did you accomplish? Another healthy day for your baby and for yourself.
You were always so good at that.
Hope
no surprise. I have cravings like that constantly and I'm not pregnant.
Remember at the end of the day, what did you accomplish? Another healthy day for your baby and for yourself.
You were always so good at that.
Hope
I think that pregnancy should be a one time thing for all you go through. I don't know how the rest show up, but some how they should with out having to go through ten months of hell. I hope you start feeling better soon. With Kade something that really helped me was I would suck on hard candies when I started to feel sick. In the end the stretch marks, over sized butt, pucking, outrageous emotions and those killer cravings. Are worth what you get in the end they are the sweetest things in the world most of the time. CONGRATS!!!! I am so excited for you guys life will never be the same.
ok...eat a bit of the sweets. something in your stomach is better than nothing and then throwing up... you are almost through this part. I am so excited for you! love you melissa.
-s
congratulations! bay just barely told me so sorry i'm a little behind - you're already three months along! enjoy the cravings and don't worry too much about after - you're healthy and you'll be just fine!!!! we're just so so so excited for you guys!
mazeltov, my friend. You will make an excellent mother because you are willing to reinvent yourself time and time again...to look for what is good and to embrace it no matter where it comes from. Take time now to enjoy being with Brent, to enjoy sleeping when you want to, and to enjoy eating at least a bit less healthy because your body really can handle it....will call you soon
Man! I am always worried when I think of being pregnant and craving everything I'm not supposed to eat. Since I have not been pregnant, no advice here. Just a "good luck" and let me in on any little secrets you learn.
Melissa you NOW know how the rest of the WORLD feels! I check your blog I think daily and I must say that day tracker is making me anxious...i think it is totally not healthy because...it's 187 days and it feels like months ago that it said 193. GRRR ;)
I have really enjoyed reading your posts. I know you are wondering who I am, your cousin by marrage. I just discovered Laura's blog and I am now surfing all of her links. Looks like Brent is a lucky guy!
I think I will start looking into the correct way to meditate. It sounds like something I could use.
I have always been a fast skiier, but lately I have a new found fear of speed. I guess I'm getting old. This year I decided I would try snowboarding, Dang Fun! I love that I will be able to do both.
And the Twilight series, all I can only say is dito! Can't wait for that 4th book.
Best of luck with your little one. You have so much in store for you. What a blessing children are!
If Laura add's me to her link list come and visit. I would love to get to know you better!
Holly
Your lists made me laugh aloud! Mine have not been that bad. The only definite right now is that I don't like cooked broccoli anymore. :) I really started normalizing at like 13 or 14 weeks. You'll make it.
Love.
Post a Comment