Friday, June 13, 2008


This month is a month to celebrate purchasing our very first dishwasher. We've never had one - at least since we've been married. It is a glorious thing - this machine that takes piles of dirty dishes and then miraculously makes them clean with only the push of a button.
I adore it.
As the kitchen continues to be completed I can only imagine the possibilities of joy. . . .

6 comments:

MnS said...

I thought your very first dishwasher brand was named Brent?
Mark

JanaB said...

Hey Melissa!!!! Yay! I am so thrilled I found your blog! Its been a while . . I am so thrilled for your soon-to-be bundle of joy! I can also tell you. . . that if you go to my blog and scroll down, you will see the blog that I posted about my new dish washer! It is an amazing creation! Hope you are well!
Jana Baldwin-(Francis)

Ann Marie said...

oooh! so exciting!!! Our dishwasher was broken for a few days, and man oh man was I glad when it was repaired! Enjoy your beautiful new dishwasher!

Brit said...

yes yes....love the magic of dishes that automatically clean themselves...especially when you add bottles, sippy cups, kiddie plates, kiddie forks knives spoons....etc etc etc....and you're down to 99 days to go till baby??? crazy

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

Are you sure this is what you really want? A place to stick the smelly sticky, and bacteria ridden dishes? No more to wash them in warm soapy water, a moisture rich environment for your hands, Never mind the grave-yard of food there at the bottom of the sink. The many benefits of hand washing are abounding. For example the spa like treatment that both your hands and the dishes receive will certainly not be replaced by a machine. But if your only interest is to save time, never pay mind to the dishes you’re using (know you will soon be washing them) or have sterilized silverware, then yes, yes, yes, this is so exciting for you!

TnD said...

Even more fun when your wee starts loading it for you.