I get asked this 10 - 15 times a day. It's nice - I like that people ask. Since announcing that I'm pregnant, and with an ever increasing frequency since, I'm asked it with a certain amount of concern behind the voice. This is also nice, but sometimes it freaks me out and makes me want to say "Doing Grrrreeeat" like the Wheaties Tiger, to encourage less worry behind their voice.
But the ever so real answer is that I am doing great. Every so often I find a night where it's hard to sleep, but for the most part I hit the pillow and I'm gone. I think this has something to do with not taking any naps during the day. I was told by several people that I need to be taking naps. I tried it. I didn't sleep well those nights. I stopped. Now I sleep well. Sometimes I get tired during the day, but I push through because I'd rather sleep when it's dark.
Being pregnant for me is like walking around with a pumpkin (appropriate analogy for the coming season), tied to my stomach. Eventually I feel clumsy, my back aches a bit, I find it hard to bend over, or see my toes. When I go to the gym or hiking people give me funny looks like "wow, it looks like she has a pumpkin tied to her stomach". I want to whisper "and what a fiiiine stomach it used to be . . . " :)
But overall it really hasn't been that bad. Some people warned me it would be the hottest summer of my life. Not so - I found. Moab running rivers was much hotter. When the second trimester came around and I finally stopped being sick, people said "oh enjoy it now because the third trimester is awful!" But I'm two weeks out from D-day and still waiting for that awful 3rd to start. I guess I'm lucky, although I think some of it has to do with attitude, and some of it has to do with what I learned from Lowell Bennion on why we do things that are hard.
7 comments:
you also have to give yourself credit for eating well and exercising---taking care of yourself physically pays off in huge dividends during AND after pregnancy. Way to go Melissa
So glad you're GRRRREAT! I can't believe it's getting so close!
I heart you Melissa... oh melissa... i can hear your voice in my head reading these words to me. I miss you.
emily hope
So true. Glad you're feeling well! You're on the home stretch! Good luck with everything.
Everyone told me I would be counting the minutes until Claire was born and hoping she came early. I wasn't. Carrying around 30 pounds of extra weight had it downside, slowing me down a bit and making my legs ache at night, but other than that I wanted her late, late, late. I just wanted to experience being me a few more hours and weeks. All in all she gave me one extra day. What a trooper. Congrats on baby Brooklyn lat night. I can't wait to meet her.
oh Melissa, only you could look so radiant as a pregnant woman! Welcome Baby Brooklyn!
congrats on Baby Brooklyn...can't wait to hear all about her arrival and meet her!
Post a Comment