Saturday, September 06, 2008

An unexpected light.

Last week I received the best compliment anyone 9 months pregnant can receive.
We were in Logan, eating at Cafe Sabor. Because of the way the table was situated, I was tucked away from the waiter's full view until he came to give me our check, at which point he looked at me shocked and said "I had no idea you were pregnant until I saw your stomach!" He proceeded to tell me I looked great. Now, just because I was about to put pen to paper and fill in the tip, don't you even begin to think this compliment didn't make my WHOLE LIFE. I don't even care if it was true or not. Coming from a complete stranger, feeling HUGE and really rather . . . . slow (for lack of a better term), at that moment this man became my hero. I wanted to cry, hold him close, thank him for being so unbelievably kind, and tell him that I love him. It's not that Brent doesn't give me great affirmation - it's that the waiter didn't know me. That means something.

2 comments:

TnD said...

Those little comments keep you running. I am sure it is true. You need to post a prego picture so the world can see.

Nonie said...

Ha! That is funny... but I know what you mean. ;)