Monday, February 27, 2012

No. 2

In my last pregnancy, when I started bleeding and the panic set in, I fell to my knees in prayer to find peace. I was met with a strong impression that there was a very special spirit that would come to us. That same afternoon I found myself starring at a screen with a simple still outline, no heart beat.
Sadness overwhelmed me, especially after I was sure the answer to my prayer meant that all would be well.

Almost a full year later, Brooklynn drew her first picture of a person.

She drew me :) I was so honored to be her first subject for figure drawing, I saw nothing but the smile on my face (I was relieved, actually, that after our abrasive practice that morning she would draw me smiling). Later that night when I showed Brent the picture, he took a double take, and pointed out the small figure in my stomach. We'd been trying for a baby for so long . . . I had all but given up hope.
We pinned the drawing up on the fridge, and a week later I found out I was expecting.
How she knew, or if she knew, I'll never know. I asked her about the figure the next day . . . she crunched her face into a puzzled expression, then (I think out of just feeling the need for an answer she didn't have), stated it was an octopus.

Either way, I'll always hold this picture dear.

The doctor's first picture of our little person, taken today:

I have no doubt that it's a very special spirit. We're 250% excited and happy to expand our little family, due in August.

7 comments:

Randy said...

yay, yay, yay!!! We are so excited and happy for you and your family! Best wishes to you.

Lindsey Smith said...

Congrats, Congrats, CONGRATS!!!!! That's so EXCITING!!! can't wait to meet #2:)

Randy said...

An announcement this exciting deserves a response from two Griffiths. (I know you are underestimating my true reaction.) Congratulations! I'm sure this next one will be the great spirit you deserve.
-Randy

Missy W. said...

What wonderful wonderful news! I am so happy for you - hugs!

Jessica Shipp said...

So very exciting!! Congrats, we are very happy to hear!

Violadiva said...

I don't have nice enough words to tell you how happy I am for you and this life-changing, wonderful news!

There's no doubt that these "second chance" babies are going to have a special claim on our hearts. I know this child will be everything you've dreamed it would be for the last year. Hugs to you!

Jane Durham said...

so happy for you! such a road to get this little one!