Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

We celebrated a few days early this year, for two reasons. First, I didn't think soon enough about planning ahead, and all the reservations were full for the actual day. Second, it's a lot easier to get a babysitter for a Saturday night over a Tuesday (school night).

As a nod to the beautiful weather we relish all year long, I thought it fun to celebrate our first Valentine's Day in California with some outdoor dining. After some research, I learned of a quaint little restaurant in the heart of Temecula wine country, recognized as being "one of the top 50 restaurants in the U.S. for outdoor dining.".

The evening was absolutely beautiful: the half hour drive allowed for a nice slow uninterrupted conversation between Brent and I (sans child), and the atmosphere of the restaurant was just to die for. There was a "winter" crispness to the air, which made the stars pop from the glittered sky, our table was warmed by an outdoor heater, the live classical guitar playing was soothing, and our waiter was straight from Italy. We rated the food at a 7 - not outstanding flavor, but beautifully presented and with the atmosphere, it was a very memorable and enjoyable evening.





(images from restaurant website, we didn't order any wine ;) )

Beautiful evening celebrating love. Happy Valentine's Day.

4 comments:

Violadiva said...

Oh, I've heard of that place! I'd love to go. Temecula also has that cool Hot-Air Balloon company that flies over the vineyards and such. Maybe we can triple date there next year.

When can me and Nonie come out for a field trip to see you?!?

Violadiva said...

Pardon.

Nonie and I.

and the boys.

Melissa Thatcher said...

Yeah! We should definitely plan a time for you to come this direction. :)

angelina said...

nice post!