Sunday, March 05, 2006

when was the last moment you melted?

The second theme in the first movement of Brahms concerto on Friday - Zimmerman and the slowest heartbreaking melody - what a combination.
Walking home from Carnegie tonight - the city lights beautiful above me, stopping to turn in a circle and look up at all those windows with a big smile.
I passed a line of cairrages and couldn't help myself: dipping my nose to his, I inhaled the best scent on earth: warm horse.
The first moment he said "I do, I love you."
A warm peach, some vanilla yogurt, and a half hour to just sit and think.
The first morning I rolled over and saw the diamond on my hand.
Reading Nephi's beautiful psalm: "Oh Lord I have trusted in Thee, and I will trust in Thee forever . . . therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yeah, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God."
A feather pillow and cold bed covers after a really really long day.
I opened my phone tonight and his text looked up at me: "I adore you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a few years ago, jonathan sent me a text message that said the exact same thing.

I hoped it wasn't universal, yet somehow wished someone else knew how that feels... Now i know someone does

i love you
emily p

Melissa Thatcher said...

:)