Thursday, April 24, 2008

sigh.

Ever since I met my dear friend and professor in France I have been terrified for one moment: telling him that we're having a baby. He prepped me for the entire two months that I lived there: baby = end of career and much disappointment for him about me. He must have mentioned it to me at least 3 or 4 times a day.
Honestly, this was a factor that weighed very heavy on my mind as we began discussing starting a family. Imagine how I procrastinated telling him when we finally made the decision.
So.
Last week I sent him an email with the news. I admit, I was too chicken to do it over the phone. But a possibility of him showing up in May for business made me finally break down and do it.
A week went by and there was no word. Of coarse there was a looming feeling in my gut telling me I'd been cut off and abandoned.
So this morning we surfed the phone lines across the world and gave his cottage a ring. I was shocked to discover that he was not indeed upset, but very pleased and happy for us. He's been to busy with three students in International competitions to write back. Maybe it has something to do with all the buttering up we have been doing beforehand. :)
Anyway, a HUGE sigh of relief.

3 comments:

theadventursofsidandlinda said...

What a relief. That guy is a hard one to figure out!

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

I LOVE that you get it! God bless the wise! And the rest can have what they will.

Violadiva said...

This post reminds me of something I learned from Nelda:

"Breathe in peace and tranquility. Breathe out pre-conceived notions."