I'm very happy to announce that I, after MUCH searching, worrying, and wonder, have finally found a midwife.
It sounds so old fashioned - I know. But after several books and a thousand conversations with experienced mothers, I have determined that giving birth with a Midwife at the hospital instead of a OBGYN is the best thing for me.
This is not to say I think anyone who does it differently is doing it wrong. I just know I'm going to be happier in this set up. (for those that would like a detailed account of why and what's the difference, call me).
So. Dr. Demeter it is. Turns out she is amazing and everything I had hoped for in the last three months as I've worried about this.
The next step is to find a Doula so Brent is off the hook, because he says the Bradley method is just not for him, which I have to agree with. I'm meeting at Wild Oats on Tuesday with a woman who was recommended to me. I know. Can you get any more natural?
3 comments:
7 traditional births with MDs and 3 at home with a midwife - I completely concur with your decision. I had three great experiences and 7 frustrating ones. However, the results were the same - 10 incredible babies. Babies are very resilient and my 7 survived their less than perfect deliveries plus all 10 were born into a nest with a hole in the bottom and have become and are becoming remarkable individuals perhaps partially because of the adversity early in their lives that made them so independent and uniquely wonderful.
Congrats. I think I may do it the same way next time. Dave made a great birth coach and I think Brent could too. He may just want to reconsider.
wow! good for you! i don't even know what a doula is. I heard the word 'epidural' and didn't look back! I was already a 9 by the time I actually got it so i'm thinking next time around I'd like to do it au natural....I'll see how yours goes first :)
Post a Comment