Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ready to Read

I've decided to set aside some time each day to read through the winter. My focus right now, for obvious reasons, is parenting. I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what I'm doing - I'm open to any and all advice on the matter. Thus far I've asked some of my favorite people about the books they recommend. My list is growing - please add to it!



2 comments:

TnD said...

I love Martha and Bill Sears books. They are real and comforting and give you concrete ideas about how to handle different situations. I pull them out as references all the time.

kevin and emily said...

Hi Melissa- I hope this finds you well. One of my most favorite parenting-type books is by Katrina Kenison titled "Mitten Strings for God." It's more of a memoir than a parent instructional handbook- but I found it to be so inspiring. I love that book and now she's written another called "The Gift of An Ordinary Day." I haven't read her new one yet, but I did just recently buy it. Emily (Day-Shumway)