Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Even Baby Steps Move You Forward


Two weeks ago I had a hard time fathoming how I would ever NOT be in pain, if I would ever get my energy back, or if it would be possible to ever once again maintain a stable emotional pallet. Since then,
* we bit the bullet and bought a treadmill so that I can run while Brooklynn is sleeping, which eliminates all kinds of juggling issues with schedules and getting to the gym, and on which I am slowly starting to regain some form
* After all kinds of trial and error, reading, praying, and inquiring, we have now had 3, count them, three nights in a row where Brooklynn wakes up only once to eat . . . GLORY! . . . I do believe we are getting on some kind of a schedule here . . .
* I have read three new books: Babywise, 12 hours of sleep by 12 weeks old, and Steinbeck's East of Eden. All of which I recommend.;
* Found a new favorite show: My Own Worst Enemy - check it out.
* I've become incredibly blog updated - - - you wouldn't believe how many blogs you can surf with nursing hours . . .
* and yesterday Brooklynn began to 1. smile and 2. coo and goo at herself.
I've become a stereotypical mother that only blogs bout her child - but honestly, it's like in one day she got so much older.
So, once again, I learn that things always change - even when you can't ever imagine getting there.

4 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I love all your baby posts! Keep 'em comin'!

LOVE East of Eden...my favorite Steinbeck book by far.

I read your blog and other mama blogs for advice and to hear your experience as a new mom. Love it!

TnD said...

Brooklyn is so cute. I wonder if her eyes will stay blue. I was reading a book a week when Claire was a wee. It was so much fun.

Nonie said...

It's okay to blog about your baby. I'd feel jipped if I didn't get to see these pictures!

Have you started teaching again yet? Let's talk soon.

w and w said...

yeah Melissa! You're Brooklyn is gorgeous and how about all that hair! You two did well. (Isn't that the funniest compliment?) Welcome to mommy world. I think it's the best place to be! Anyhow, amen to Babywise. Used it and Annie was like clockwork! As far as working out goes, (by the way you look GREAT THOUGHT)I know schedules are hard, but I would HIGHLY recommend the gym (that is once she's 3 mo old). It helps you get out and it helps her get accustomed to other people. Annie has no stranger anxiety whatsoever!