Wednesday, October 08, 2008

WHHHAAATTT??!!


Calling everyone and anyone who ever wanted to start exercising and hasn't. Confident that although slower, I was still in shape after diligently going to the gym every weekday up until the day before I gave birth, I studiously adorned my gym clothes yesterday, complete with new running shoes as a reward. I waltzed into the gym, bigger busted and less bowling ball looking. . . . climbed on the treadmill, placed the earphones in my ears, turned up my new playlist loud, and began. to be. completely surprised.
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STEEL BOD I WAS SURE I WOULD HAVE? To my complete shock, abs are non existent. Legs are worn and tired. Arms are flabby. Cellulite reigns in places I didn't know existed. My breathe comes in short and uneven gulps. I am horrified to admit that I sluggishly gasped towards a mere 1.5 miles. . . at a slightly fast walk.
THE HORROR!!!
So. I figured this is a perfect opportunity to embrace the humility and declare this as a beginning. I am at the bottom of the barrel people. There is no boasting here - there are no excuses. Yesterday I began. I will continue, I will push to the top.
Who is with me? No excuses! Nike plus unite!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa you are awesome keep it up girl! it will all be back befor you know it!

Brit said...

word

SHIPP said...

Alright I'm in, I guess I need a running boost myself, nike plus lets do it. Remember your 3 weeks postpartum no fair getting down on yourself for at least another month. You are amazing sis!

Nonie said...

Are you really sure you know about non existent abs and flabby arms? ;)

More pictures of baby!!

atec said...

hey....chelsi just showed me your blog! Congrats on your little one, she's adorable! You're welcome to check out mine. Looks like you're doing great! p to the s....I did the same thing, I did pilates one morning and my abs were sore for 10 days SOLID!

Nick and Kirsten said...

not much to say...it just takes time - and the best thing to do in the meantime (before you're supposed to be "running" uh..ummm...) is pilates. Try winsor - her work outs really worked for me. good luck.